Attendant Pro, the Skype for Business attendant console by Landis Technologies, now uses digital intelligence to automatically display the contacts a caller will most likely wish to talk to. This means Skype for Business receptionists using the new Transfer Advisor feature can be even more efficient in handling calls.
Trevor Palmer, PM at Jupiter Fund Management notes: “Transfer Advisor is an outstanding new feature and fantastic addition to Attendant Pro… the Landis Technologies team has surpassed themselves yet again in bringing continued improvements to their Skype for Business receptionist console product.”
Transfer Advisor is an outstanding new feature and fantastic addition to Attendant Pro… the Landis Technologies team has surpassed themselves yet again in bringing continued improvements to their Skype for Business receptionist console product.
“We are on a mission to remove every unnecessary click in the process of receptionist call handling. With Attendant Pro Transfer Advisor we leverage existing Microsoft web services to intelligently suggest to whom a caller will most likely wish to talk. It makes Skype for Business operators faster & able to add more value so it is a win win.” says Landis Technologies managing owner Matt Landis.
The latest release includes more features including color coding Office 365 Call Queues, Dynamics 365/CRM & Skype for Business Merged User Experience and more. Landis Technologies will be demonstrating these features and more to Skype for Business & Office 365 partners around the world at Microsoft Inspire 20017 in Washington DC on July 9–13, 2017.
About Landis Technologies
Landis Technologies is a Microsoft Gold UC Partner which has been focusing on Microsoft technologies since 1995. Landis Technologies is known internationally for deep knowledge around Microsoft Skype for Business & Office 365 and was the first to deliver a client based Skype for Business & Office 365 attendant console to the market. Landis Technologies has provided Skype for Business software & solutions to customers in over 40 countries via a network of over 200 Microsoft Partners. Landis Technologies is headquartered in Ephrata Pennsylvania. http://landistechnologies.com
Lync Attendant Replacement
If you are considering using the Lync 2010 Attendant console for a switchboard operator/ reception console / attendant console in your Skype for Business or Lync 2013 environment you may want to be aware of some of the weaknesses to avoid unexpected poor experience for key enterprise voice users. Below are a few items that commonly lead to the need for a Lync Attendant replacement:
- Lync 2010 Attendant has not been updated for several years
- Lync 2010 Attendant has fairly significant bugs that have not been addressed for some time (see below)
- Lync 2010 Attendant does not have the Skype for Business or Lync 2013 User Interface/User Experience
- The Attendant Installer is a bit dated and seems to corrupt the Office 2013 Installation which causes Lync SDK Applications to not work properly: Details Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not designed to work with Better Together and Better Together over Ethernet IP Phones such as Lync Phone Edition and Polycom VVX IP Phones. Click Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not supported with Office 365* Click Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant Limitations
- Search results are limited at 50
- Limit of 10 DL’s
- Lync 2010 Attendant user does not have access key Unified Communication features such as:
- Screen sharing
- Full featured Instant Messaging
- Full Skype for Business Meetings experience
- Video Calls and Meetings are not supported
- No integration with Outlook & Exchange Calendars
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not based on the Skype for Business 2016 client which means supportability must be tested separately from the Skype for Business (Lync) client
Since an attendant console operator is a key user in any enterprise voice switchover it is critical that no risks are taken with this key user for voice adoption.
Lync 2010 Attendant Bugs
In this section we will look at the specific reported bugs:
Lync 2010 Attendant has fairly significant bugs that have not been addressed for some time:
- Option to transfer calls to Voicemail not always available/inconsistant: Click Here
- Voicemail contact method is not available on Exchange Distribution Lists
- Mobile and Other contact methods not available on Exchange Distribution Lists
- Cannot expand DL’s with more than 100 members
- Issue transferring calls to user Skype/Lync User with Team Call setup: Click Here
Lync 2010 Attendant Alternative?
If you have very simple operator console needs you may be able to use these alternatives and as a Lync attendant replacement:
- Skype for Business 2016 Client
- Cons: The transfer experience is not very efficient or consistent for more than a very few calls.
- Cons: Can lead to a very key person in the Skype for Business implementation being dissatisfied with your voice solution
- Cons: No Exchange Calendar integration
- Certified Skype for Business IP Phone with Expansion Module
- Cons: Generally IP are a good choice when it you have a few fixed contact you transfer to, but when the switchboard operator needs to search for contacts IP phones with expansion modules tend to break down
- Cons: Finding related contacts, taking notes, and many of the common tasks operators do in a Unified Communications setting are not efficient with IP phones with expansion module.
- Cons: No Exchange Calendar integration
If you are looking to ensure that the attendant switchboard operator has the best possible solution you will want to implement a full featured Lync attendant replacement console:
- Widely Adopted software-based, Skype for Business specific Attendant console like Attendant Pro for Skype for Business
- Attendant Pro for Skype for Business & Lync: Click Here
- Competella (requires additional backend server infrastructure)
* – Not listed on supported endpoints.