Derek is one of our PC repair technicians. He lives with his mom and dad and two sisters in a small town. He is the youngest face in the office, but don’t let that fool you. He has been working here since he was fifteen and has three years of experience under his belt. His cheerful voice brings a note of calm to the office.
When Derek first started working here, his duties included mowing the lawn, washing and cleaning vehicles, hardware repair, generic Windows problems, and email problems. Now he is kept busy with IT tasks and doesn’t have to mow lawns and take care of vehicles. He also helps to manage the anti-virus subscriptions and backups on our Solar Winds system. Recently, he has done some networking.
1. What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
“I like to clean my car. It’s relaxing. It’s like therapy.”
2. What’s one thing people would never know about you just by looking at you?
“I hate heights and cats.”
3. What is one thing on your bucket list?
“I would like to road trip from coast to coast.”
4. Do you have any pet peeves about something here at Landis Technologies?
“Yes! Leaving the water bottle empty on the water cooler. That is my pet peeve by far.”
5. If you would start your own business, what does Landis Technologies do that you would also implement in your business?
“The good working atmosphere and the company lunch. I like company lunch.”
6. What IT problem do you most enjoy fixing?
“That’s a tough one. I enjoy putting solid states in a computer. That’s always rewarding.”